Thursday 1 September 2011

I've ordered copies of The Small Hand at £1 a go

On my quest to make it cheaper for us all to partake in Bookworm activities, I'm experimenting with the library to find a way that works for us. I have just managed to bulk reserve six copies of our next read,The Small Hand by Susan Hill. It costs £1 for each reservation so perhaps we can start having a little collection on our book meets to cover this cost? No doubt the books will begin arriving earlier than our next get together so I will keep you posted as they arrive and if you would like an earlier copy let me know. If it works, £1 a book is far cheaper than any book we can buy and of course we are sustaining a crucial public service at the same time. If you think it's a bad idea let me know and I can cancel.

In the meantime, enjoy A Time of Gifts - I won't get my copy until 8th at least :( Glad it's a slim read.

No comments:

Post a Comment